Sunday, March 8, 2009

Dimanche Relaxez-vous!

Sunday Chillout!

Last night was fun, was lovely to see Elly & George, poor Elly had bad back pain so they got an early night. Sharon and I went on to DM's "I love the 80's" party... fun!

Woke up at a decent hour, all considered (made it to bed around 4.30am) and thought, yeah! get ass in gear, get groceries done... really be productive!

Fail - Bike @ Sharons.... oh well a walk would warm me up!
A Slow Bicycle Ride - Sunday

So quick breakfast and shower and hour later sees me walking up the Prinsengracht to get my bike back.

Have been having a hard time at the weekends managing my food intake / sugar levels, so as it was nice and sunny and I had passed the place a billion times without going in, decided to go for a coffee in Coffee Company on Haarlemmerdijk.
Its such a cool cafe (need to stop saying coffeeshop, but its just so natural for me) there are LOADS of plugs, free wifi, and of course coffee. Its also really sunny and just THE best people watching place! Next time there will be photos!

I will have to rethink my current media/camera config. As if I'm listening to radio on the phone via 3G I cant take photos with the camera. Not too into taking a second camera with me but, there are so many cool things I want to record here. So many cool shots I could put on this blog or just on my flickr, I really need to think again. Any suggestions?

A Slow Bicycle Ride - Sunday

Went shopping, in AH on Westerstraat, it made sense as I was passing it, and refuse to use AH on Haarlemmerstraat (its badly stocked and laid out and just rubbish)
Westerstraat isn't much better, no fresh bread rolls, and it looked like that was the norm for them. Shouldn't have been so lazy I guess. I have discovered I like AH on Elandsgracht, as it's much better stocked, more cash desks and there is a Natur Winkle (health food/organic shop), Etos (Boots type place) and some cool artisan meat, bread and cheese shops on the street too.

Anyhow, got home and it was so lovely and sunshiny, I remembered why I really loved living in this apartment last year. Its so bright up here. I forgot that during the winter, as leaving in the dark and getting home in the dark has just been depressing. I am really looking forward to summer again.

I was in such good form, I even cooked, and I made enough for lunch tomorrow!

So excuse me while I go clear up and pack my lunch for tomorrow. :)

0 comments: