Tuesday, September 23, 2008

One right for everyone in the audience...

Saw this on one of my favorite blogs - Damien Mulley

I had heard Conor and his mum's on Plank Kenny's radio show earlier this summer and meant to get to the blog. Damien reminded me of the blog in this post about it.

Please tune in to Plank Kenny, this Friday night or just get your parents to do it.
Then keep the conversation going, let your aunt and uncle, your neighbors, your flatmate, your colleague know about it and get them talking too.

Children of Gay Parents should not have different rights to those born in heterosexual families.

I intend on having children with my partner in the next few years and I want to ensure that the living beings we bring into the world will not have lesser rights, or be treated as though my partner is a "kindly stranger" to them. She will be their mother in every respect that I will, having (I hope you are reading this my love) gotten up for night time feeds, changed and winded, pushed them on swings and played endless games of star wars and bratz.

Our children will have two loving and dedicated parents, two parents I hope will be as good at the job as Conor's parents are (just read this letter to see the guy they raised)

Anyway, please tune in ... and pass the word along, and if you feel like doing more please read here, lots of options to make yourself heard and to help give Conor and his family as much support as possible. They are giving up so much of their anonymity and privacy to make a difference to ensure our country recognises all its citizens fully and fairly.

I'd like to thank you Conor and your brother and parents. :)

3 comments:

Conor Pendergrast said...

Thanks for the wonderful post, I really appreciate it! If you can't tune in live, then you can watch it online from Monday on http://www.rte.ie/tv/latelate/

Anyway, thanks again, it's great to get such lovely feedback!

Anonymous said...

What a great letter - thank you for drawing attention to it. I find it hard for my blood not to boil at how unfair the situation is. I admire people like Conor so much for standing up for what is so obviously right.

Elf in Amsterdam said...

@conor pendergrast - now worries, I was really truthfully impressed with what you and your family are doing. Will be thinking of you having to bare the cross of El Plank Kenny! :)
Best of luck mate you'll blow their socks off!

@conortje - I know excellent eh! Glad to inform and your own entry on the topic was great, spread the word eh!